10 October, 2021
Branding Options For Baseball Caps
There is an extensive array of options when it comes to branding on baseball caps. Within Australia, there are three main types.
- Direct Embroidery
This is still the most popular way of branding on caps. Basically, it's like a sewing machine where the stitches are built up to make the design or logo appear on the cap. The major benefit of this is that it lasts a long time and gives the cap a more upscale look than printing. The only slight drawback is that tonals do not work well, nor does small fine detail.
When we screen print onto a cap, we directly print onto the material. It's not as popular as embroidery, and with the curved surface, it can sometimes be challenging to get a good application of colour across the entire front of the cap.
- Digital Transfer
This is becoming increasingly popular due to print clarity and adhesion improvements. Transfers used to have a habit of peeling off caps over time. Nowadays, though, print's adhesion and clarity has improved dramatically and is fast becoming the preferred branding technique. In addition, the full-colour graphics are a big advantage compared to embroidery.
Besides the three types of branding listed above, if you get your order done from offshore, there is a huge range of other options when it comes to branding. These would give your cap a higher perceived value to the recipient and distinguish your cap from your competitors. Some of the more popular options are below.
- Debossing: For a subtle effect, you can get the peak of your cap debossed.
- Buckle Stamping: If you have a metal buckle incorporated into the closure, you can get it stamped with your logo—a great way to add value to the cap.
- 3D Embroidery: This is a cool branding technique. Basically, layers are built on top of each top to achieve a 3D effect on the cap.
- Private Labelling: Add the next step of quality by having a private label added to the inside of the cap. Add your company name, possibly phone number or website or perhaps your brand slogan.
- Leather Embossed Engraved Labels: You can take your cap to the next level with this style of branding. A piece of leather is laser etched and then adhered to the front of the cap.
The above are just a few of many different options you have for branding on a baseball cap. We are experts in this field, so don't hesitate to call us if you need assistance.
The Caps Only Team